Wednesday 6 May 2009

Marley and Me [* * * * * *]


A lovely movie about a guy, his family and his dog. He gets the dog for his wife to stay busy and not plan his life, but the dog's a monster and takes over their lives. Like most dogs I know, he can smash a house in seconds when he's lonely, ruins outings and embarrasses his family.

But like all dogs, he's adorable, and the family grows around him until he's old and dies. If you love animals you'll bawl your eyes out like I did in the end.

"A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, smart or dumb. If you give him your heart, he'll give you his. He makes you feel pure and special and brings out the best in you. How many people can you say that about? How many people make you feel good about yourself?"

I couldn't live without mine.:)

3 comments:

Ilango said...

Hi..Yoda,

Will definitely watch this one..Though I keep them at an arms length, I feel for them very much and would love to see the expressions on Ram, Jay & jay.

Thank you.

ilango

Anonymous said...

Gosh...my daughter(13) and me were still sobbing half an hour after the film had finished at the bus stop...we were devastated.

Local said...

I know, Ilango. You'll do what's right without getting emotionally involved.:)

Yeah, so was I, Ellen. I couldn't get the sadness out of my heart for days. It was so real.