Wednesday 4 February 2009

Bach's Air and Pachelbel's Canon [* * * * * *]

I've got an addictive personality, probably. Does anyone else here love Baroque? I'm crazy about baroque architecture, music, that whole movement (proto-baroque, quasi-baroque, neo-baroque, you name it whether it's european, hindu, chinese, wherever - if it was dreamed up, I'll love its excesses!:).

Here are two youtubes of Baroque music:
Johann Sebastian Bach wrote a violin piece now called Air on a G String (:o lol!) or on G Minor which makes me happier than anything else.

Funtwo did a guitar rendition of the Pachelbel's Canon in D Major I'm addicted to both the classical and the neo-classical rock version. Funtwo's vid is the most-watched youtube in the history of the internet.:) Joe Satriani did a version on acoustics. It's now called Canon Rock - it will make your heart burst with the energy, the joy of being alive. Listen a few times!

No comments: