Tuesday 14 July 2009

Into the Blue [* * * * *]

Seriously - what a dreamboat this Paul Walker is! He's my latest heartthrob, esp after seeing 'Into the Blue' where he swims with sharks and his ex-gf (I mean, his ex-gf isn't a shark.;p)

Then ... since I thought he was hawt, I saw 'Running Scared' and then downloaded another of his movies 'Fast and Furious'.

I liked all of them - well, as much as any woman can like movies made for a pure male audience -esp the roles he's picked. He's always a good guy who cares about kids and animals and a nature lover. Very hindi movie.:)

But I noticed something really peculiar about these tough-guy flicks that I don't recall thinking about before: they're really soft movies, all of them. There's bloodshed and violence and a lot of bad language, but there are no confusing emotions. I guess guys who watch these movies would get really confused if the good guys are shades of grey, huh?:) The romances that women watch, either as serials or as movies, are far more emotionally demanding.

Now that isn't really a criticism of men - more like a critique of movie-making talking down to their audience. I just realised I could watch these more easily than I could even Disney movies - there's no gut wrenching emotional trauma at all. It's simple. I like that.

No comments: