Wednesday 18 November 2009

Coraline, 2009 [* * * * *]


Wow! If you think fairy tales and anime are mild entertainment, you should see Coraline's action-packed adventure!

I confess that I've never seen anything like it and I doubt if I ever will. Here's the fairy tale: Coraline has indifferent and very mundane parents (like we all do ;) and which kid doesn't go through an impatient phase with their everyday parents wishing for two more exciting people instead? Coraline does and she gets what she wished for - and how! Her new parents lives revolve around making her happy and giving her the best of everything ... only, they want something in exchange - her willing participation in a macabre ritual.

I don't want to give any spoilers here, but if you have kids who look at you with disappointment or argue with you all day - this is the movie for them to see and learn to appreciate that your honest best is better than the best dishonesty.:)

No comments: