Thursday 24 March 2022

Life span - health span

 I was asked many a time, by a rare few who could approach me, "are you planning to live a hundred years? "


Whatever the answer I could come up with at that moment, was never satisfactory to them or to me.

I cannot blame them but myself, as I knew I was not wrong, but unable to explain, and so I continued experimenting, all that was available to keep myself active and happy.

It was then that it blossomed like the roses on my table, whose fragrance and beauty are available to those with sensitivity.

A hundred odd years ago my grand parents lived to be eighty five odd years, (plus or minus a year or two,) alive and moving around, no medicines, no spectacles, sharp ears, capable of picking up whispers (for and against) by great grand kids, and run a joint house hold of around seventy people.

They ate regular food prepared for all, no diet restrictions, (maybe an extra share from the leftovers) they died of old age at home with the family around, watching them slip away to stillness.

Their life styles, activities and food were different, their life span and health span were on equal readings.

With the passing of times, the gap between the two got widened, and now we have a one day child who is unhealthy. We need to take back the control of the situation, in such a way that the life span and the health span of a person are the same.

Changes will happen first with individuals, then a family, and much much much later, a Tradition.  

No comments: