Wednesday 31 August 2022

Diet

 (don't skip the reading, judging from the title)


I serendipitously found the word origin to the word diet this evening, to my standard of
acceptance.

We all belong to the transition age, where there is a shift from a state of malnourishment, to a state of obesity, where everyone is into some diet plan to suit their temperament, taste, stomach, and its size, and theirs.

The food world trade is booming, with the pendulum shifting from costly scanty food, to the excessive cheap food, robbing from the poor to make the wealthy richer. (Paradoxical to the Robinhood principle)

I read the diet plan of a person on this screen,  from 7.30 am till 9 pm, he has practically little to nothing, then at 11.45 pm, a long list of a feast, which he would have died to eat since morning.

It struck me.

The things we would die eating for, to have a feast later to make up is, die eating, or dieting.

I clapped for myself. ( maybe you have your own understanding of the term, I could clap for you)

No comments: