Wednesday 31 August 2022

"I will tell you one thing, but do not get angry"

 I have been getting this sort of an advice with a condition, many a time.


The most recent was a few days ago, when I had taken some officials, to enquire about a land encroaching at a vacant plot, holding the grave of my great dad.

There came an elderly lady, and she voiced, "do not get angry, I will tell you one thing".

Me being what I am, said, " I will listen to what you say, but say it in such a way I do not get angry, or don't say it".

I can vouch she didn't get it, as such folks rarely hear what others say, let alone understand.

"You should have come earlier, before the encroachment happened. " She said.

The buttons to my emotions are still outside, and they are getting pushed around by external stimuli, I am trying to get those push buttons much deeper and insensitive, far beyond the reach of external factors.

Till then, those around get what they deserve.  

No comments: