Thursday 17 December 2009

Going For a Ride or Taken For a Ride


Going for a ride requires a lot of planning and enquiries and enjoying one self innocently.

Taken for a ride simple means duped.

We can think of many examples from an excursion package tour , to a simple

Television advertisement.

Let me use it as a television advertisement.

Milk is considered as a complete food, right? (if u say wrong I have more points of similarities with u .)

Now we have advertisers , who promote food supplements in tinned and bottled forms, with this vitamin( u can pick any alphabet ) and that mineral combinations and more, let us consider them as enrichments.

So MILK+ENRICHED FOOD = MORE ENRICHED MILK

Some thing like good +good = good ‘o’ good

This starts happening from the beginning of childhood and goes with us till our end days. U can always debate that we use it with water, not milk .

who decides on the proportions and how does it get digested.?

I think it is ‘being taken for a ride’ from this angle.

I am sure each one will have their own stories of being duped.

3 comments:

Local said...

Good one, venkhat!

I agree with you that they're duping the anxious and health conscious with their 'vit/mineral enhanced' products.

venkhat said...

I thank u for your encouragement, in words and in space.

venkhat said...

I thank u for your encouragement, in words and in space.