Friday 4 December 2009

Yercaud - lake forest


Yercaud Get together

I am one of the daughters of Mother Nature. My name is YERI KADU The englishman dubbed me as Yercaud.

I am normally chill in this time of the year but I was warmed by the presence of a family called STANLEY VETRANS 78.

They came in groups and singles, Nestled themselves into the cozy warmth of SHEVOROYS HOTEL, hands were shaken and hugs were shared and smiles reciprocated, I could hear whispers" hey u look the same" One sounded "hey i thouoght were the daughter" One was even bold to say "u could model"

They lit my dark starry sky with rockets and flowery pots and doom dammm deeem music.
They jiggled to the tunes around the bonfire with their kids leading the shakes, the organisers were quietly moving to see all felt at home,I was happy to be the HOME.

They walked around my beauty spots THE LAKE , KILIYUR FALLS, LADIES SEAT, MONTFORT SCHOOL,POGODA POINT Each trying to find them selves in me, I was willing to share myself.

I sneaked into the conference hall,
A beauty named Janaki sang to invoke the divine,and many came to share their hearts,
Geetha to say that things have changed and she is no more like old times quiet and timid, others to say things havent changed and all like old times.

While they posed for the group and family picturesI wanted to be one of them too, realizing that i am in all of them .

Selva sang "mounameeee" ... and "antha naal niyabagam vanthatheee..." They were with deep emotion and nostalgic feelings i guess.

They shared pictures of old times and new.

It was getting time to leave, but they wanted to meet again next year with more of them I was willing to honour them again But mother nature has more daughters like me, Where ever they are i will be with them.

That night I prayed to mother
"To grant the family of' STANLEY VETRANS 78 ' HAPPINESS AND HEALTH"

YERI KADU

4 comments:

sriganeshh said...

i.e., great ...thanks for your post about yercaud...feel like going there..
though my residence is just on the foothill region, never ventured out to go to yercaud ...will try whenever i visit salem...

even your earlier posting "chittu kurivi" just put the song chittu kurivi on my lips...


sri

Local said...

terrific post, venkhat.:)

venkhat said...

Thanks sriganeshh, u have made the words more meaning full with your sprit of commenting.
if one can hum a song with the sight of our words, shows where u have been touched.
Thanks once again

venkhat said...

Yoda u have been kind, in letting me share a home of mine away from home, YERCAUD