Saturday 19 December 2009

An Obsession called "Neatness"


"A wet towel on the floor stays wet", is what my mom said to make me pick it up for drying.I sure was a difficult one to be disciplined, and am sure most kids are , until they get to discipline others.

Some of us have been lucky to have been schooled with lodgings, to get us to shine our own shoes and lay them for inspection and have us clean our cupboards and iron out the wrinkles on the counterpane of the bed, no grabbing at dinner table,walking in line and no jumping queues.

My mom is a virgo. ( not that i know her b' day, villagers remember b' days with the lunar cycles)
I know that by the way she keeps the home spick and span and always complaining that things are not in order, the shoes are out of place and the boxes are front behind, and the floor is dusty.

Good lord , what an obsession, but it is these folks who keep the home as neat as can be and tidy, and later the world at large.

I heard myself tell my kid this morning" pick up that wet towel for drying".

2 comments:

BigDaddy's Daughter said...

My mom is a virgo too... I know how it feels :P haha... u write awesome stuff venkat. Two thumbs up for u!

venkhat said...

I thank u Big Daddy's Daughter.
Am sure u are Big too in your own way.