Tuesday 15 December 2009

I Am a Stealer


I am and always was a stealer.

I started with the looks,
Went on with the books,
Stole delicasies from the cooks,
And kept away from the crooks.

This art can never be taught.

I am a stealer.
The learned ones have a name for me
they spelled it as "KLEPTOMANIAC"

My fingers were once swift and slim,
Now they are pudgy and butterfingered and grim.

I have heard the wise say
"Borrowers are keepers,
loosers are weepers,
stealers will become healers".

While u are reading the lines
check your belongings.

My Duffel bag museum
Has an assortment of things,
From rubber bands to shapely spoons,
Taken from high raise buildings to petti kadai goons.

Like with all things i will evolve with times,
from petty things to pretty things of Mother Nature.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice poem.

But I have never heard this one before...
"stealers will become healers"???

How's that?

venkhat said...

THANKS SNAKE.
I never knew stealers were healers till i made up the lines i am typing now, at the time of the original documentation they only rhymed.

The present day diseases are the accumulation of junk .
the Stealers heal u when they take away things...

Unknown said...

Even though you made up those lines... it is now sounding plausible!
thanks venkhat.