Thursday 1 September 2022

A surgeon at home

 It was a large dark dot on the right thumb, an hindrance to my writing, riding, and eating, a bit of a nuisance, for the last four days.


I remember a small thorn pricking while walking down the hillock the other evening, from a pathway bush.

The evening before I asked for a safety pin on thought, my lady normally has them, being offered, I showed her my thumb.

The hold was firm, painless, but stable, with the safety pin a few simple nicks were made, and an opening done.

With deft strokes, the content from the dot was taken out, and the surgery finished, no anaesthetics, no pre or post operative medications, I was showing off.

The surgeon was not thanked, it was taken for granted, an act from a surgeon at home, one of the many roles she plays.

P. S.
The same hands which brought on the peanut ladoos.  

No comments: