Thursday 1 September 2022

Many a passing acquaintance wins, with a drop of my guard.

 My pugilist teacher said, whatever your stance, and your moves, never let down your guard.



I am a flirt, an extrovert, a loud mouth and more to my credit, except when someone dampens the enthusiasm, to be revived again, when I forget. (I have a bad memory)


Today it was a bus conductor, who somehow found me a window seat in a crowded bus, to win my appreciation and win back a lovely smile, even though he stood all through the travel time with his duty, walking to and fro.


( Have you ever seen or heard a long distance bus conductor, smile and talk  ?)

Next it was a college teacher and a friend, sharing her students antics, and comparing them with hers, in the temple bench waiting for the lines to move.

Further up the line was a sandal paste, tonsured elderly farmer at a que for darshan, who helped alleviate the monotony of a shuffling gait to the Grabha Graham, with his farm tales, and a hide and seeking child at play, outside the lines.


How can I forget the cashier at lunch in Hotel  Gurukrupa, who exchanged much with enquiries, to let me share my studies and flood experience, four and a half decades back, in the same town.


Better to drop your guard and win hearts, than to be guarded and win a fight. ( have given up boxing)

 

No comments: