Thursday 1 September 2022

It was a small wave, but a large tide.

 Following the previous late evening, and early night rains, it was miserably cold, had to check on my warmth to prevent chillness, inspite of that, had to seek a hot brew, with the shivering.

( I even went to confirm if I was in the plains)

Early morning, thought of cancelling the walk, but the habit won over, along with a halt at tender coconut vendor.

With a dash of a few drops of eucalyptus oil in the hot bucket of water, the bath was a refresher, but inspite of it all, the weather made this morning gloomy.

It was in this mood I was on the way to work, through a short cut between village farms.

There at a distance I saw a child, of three, walking along with his grand ma holding his hand, nearing them I waved to the child, the response was a movement at the wrist, a shy smile, bringing on a larger smile from his granny.

It cleared my gloom, and there I was off to continue on my way to work, carried by the tide of a wave from the child.

No comments: