Thursday 1 September 2022

Altered state of consciousness

 Understanding of consciousness is difficult and, it's altered states are beyond the level of medical graduates, brought on by trauma, both physical and mental , drugs from outside and from within.


I got a taste of it recently.

An elderly paternal uncle had come to see me during my college days, taking him for breakfast, I was to discover later, how pitied I was for the menu of idlies and sambar, I was invited to his house, when I was on vacation.

The breakfast this morning was stony idlies, and watery sambar, (a state of consciousness)
I got to work, using my fork, I cut up the idlies, into small pieces, and flooded the plate with the watery sambar, within a few minutes the sambar became thick, the idlies became soft, and tasted great. ( an altered state of consciousness was realised)

Maybe this can be the way of changing situations, which are possible, and leave the rest to Nature, to make alterations of those beyond.

P. S.
Simple lessons can start at the table, before moving on to understand them at philosophical lectures.

No comments: