Wednesday 7 September 2022

An obligation turns into a demand..... With time.

 "Yooovvv"      Was the call from across the street, when I had just started from a domestic store, purchasing some eats for my non talkative friends, who chirp, crow, and bark, but do not bite, peck, or chase, and are innocently quiet.


I turned to see, who could have addressed me like that, it was a senior citizen, who had received a lift to a tea shop in my two wheeler, a few days back.


I continued on my way,  somehow my mind refused to accept, a replay of a lift again.

Some acts of an obligation, with time turns into an involved act of a habit, a commitment, a routine, and then an advantage, finally, Demand.

Be it a simple act of sharing food, a donation to a beggar, a smile, a lift, and if very close and personal, a touch of a hand shake.

Just because you had offered once does it mean, it has to be always.

Do we also expect it   ?

Every moment is unique, no replay, or repetition, or else, we are all in for a surprise, both ways.

No comments: