Thursday 1 September 2022

.......Aachoo.

 


It started off as a small trickle from the nose, a sniffle, a little bit of a body pain in the afternoon, by late evening I knew, with the start of the sneeze, I was walking around with the flu.

Like I advice others, I got some vegetable soup, a good dinner, and off to bed with the pouring rain all through the night, how I knew that  ? I was awake till morning, my mind playing some neurotic games of past, present and future, all in one.

Into the second day, the aching body showed the presence of my body deserving attention, and all the others in continuity.

Am into the third day, so much better, except for the dry hacking cough, and the burning eyes and the look of a drunk in my bathroom mirror.

By now many would have thought, stupid, can u not take a simple medicine, and ding this narrative. Or maybe a flu vaccine for the prevention of future cold  !


I have always debated, how they could predict future strains, for the next winter, and with it a vaccine.  ?


I remember someone quoting, " Treat a viral, takes a week, leave it alone, clears by seven days." It could literally be mine now.

Well I am preparing myself to win this present battle, and develop immunity for the repetition of the same strain somewhere in my future.

I had a herbal concotion, spicy gravy with idlies, and a soothing lozenge of peppers.

The only thing, I haven't done, what I recommend for others is a visit to Sithan or Sadasivan restaurant in my village, for a spicy dinner.

Maybe tomorrow.

P. S.
This has been my way, I do get this once in a few years, and the experience is mostly the same, and a silent scolding from those around, who care

No comments: