Wednesday 4 August 2010

Lord of the Rings Trilogy [* * * * * *]

Just like Star Wars, this is another saga that I'm addicted to. The story written by J R R Tolkein to be a never-ending story (like our own superlong Ramayana and Mahabharatha) of a time before ours when there were many species living together on earth.

We arrive at the story at a time when great evil threatens Middle Earth and all who dwell on it.

The power of that evil rests in a Ring, and a fellowship forms between hobbits, men, elves, dwarfs and wizards to destroy the Ring in Mount Doom where it was created. The adventure and relationships that follow are fascinating in a very mythic setting. It's a must-watch despite a lot of battle and gore!

2 comments:

mo h said...

had seen the series way back, novel european thought concept theme, good tech, nice post from you on it. :)

Local said...

ty mok.:)

I'd read 'The Hobbit' as a kid without much appreciation, but when the LOTR movies came out, I think I began to believe that world existed, just like with Star Wars.

For a month now, I've been addicted to it, so I thought I'd blog it.:)