Wednesday 3 February 2010

At a Match –inside a Ball


I was letting myself to be one with nature and suddenly I lost myself in the air.

It was quite a while, until I found myself sucked in by a vacuum pump and pushed into the confines of a foot ball.

Of all places a Foot ball!

Maybe It was a special ball as I was not kicked around much , just fondled, appreciated , thrown up and bounced around, may be they were saving me for a match .

The D day had arrived, the referees made an inspection of me with other cousin foot balls, finally deciding to place me at the centre of the field.

I was initially soft touched at the sound of the whistle and found myself kicked around,Passed to members of the same team, just pushed along at my own pace, at other times, toed, tapped and dodged between feet, balanced on head,thighs, chest and ankle with out being allowed to touch ground.


The kicks were not really difficult to bear as I was soft padded, but being pushed out this way and that way and chested and headed and bullied to suit them selves was horror.


There were times I ran out of control to the boundaries, I was caught to be brought back in, I was out for an exchange as a break, when another of the balls was in as a substitute, but I was in again may be they found me, the best of the balls.


One of the pleasurable moments was when the goal keepers would hold me tight, saving me from being kicked by the players, but suddenly I was in the air with his hurlings to be headed or chested , good lord what a feeling of wanting to go away to the creator when I was in the air for some time.


There were these moments of going dizzy , when I found myself crashed at the goal posts or being kicked upside down by the famous Pele kick , then finding the whole sea of humanity yelling when I was netted between the posts, or gloomy and booing for the same reason.


May be it was at one such time , one of the players really felt my sense of claustrophobic spirit , that he did some thing to make the bladder lose that door way to the exterior. I quietly passed my self away from that bag into the void of the sky,back to my old self around folks, watching a match of foot ball on the tv screen ,munching a bite of sandwiches.

No comments: